Tuesday, October 25, 2005

For the Fans...

I'm finally getting back around to posting on this thing. Sorry to those fans of mine (heh) who have been put on hold over the past couple of weeks.

A quick update: my fantasy-draft Vikings went 15-1 during the regular season and lost to the Pats in the Super Bowl. Depressing. But this year, I hired a new offensive coordinator, Daunte came out of the preseason with a QB rating of 133, and because I was able to pick up Marshall Faulk from free agency I could trade Deuce MacAllister (last year's MVP) and two draft picks to the Colts for Randy Moss. My depth chart now rules on offense -- Daunte behind Matt Birk, backed by Marshall Faulk, throwing to Randy Moss, Hines Ward, Nate Burleson, and Muhsin Muhammed. On defense, I held onto Sapp, Lynch, Smoot, and Brian Williams. And I picked up a rookie linebacker that had an incredible first season with the Bucs. Overall, I'm excited for this next season. There's only one way to move up from the last.

This week will be me studying for P-Chem. Test on Friday, and I need to play catchup. My first exam score of 71 just won't cut it to get me the grade I want. I also need to get my Oregon Health & Sciences University med school application out tomorrow. It's due next Monday. Also, there's that nagging research proposal summary, now on its fourth draft, that needs to get to Sigma Xi's grant committee. ... Then, I need to go to the optometrist. I FINALLY get to get new glasses! Yay for insurance.

There're the minutiae. Now for something completely different:

My view of St. Peter is absolutely stunning at night. It's such a great little town, I can't believe that in not even 8 months I'm going to leave it and (probably) never come back. I've been thinking about where possibly I'm going to be living for the next four years, and with the exception perhaps of Duluth: Milwaukee? St. Louis? Portland? New Haven? Houston? Rochester? All of them are pretty big cities. I mean, I've done the Aberdeen thing, I know how to get on in a city, but there's definitely something positive about small towns like Hibbing and St. Peter. It's great waking up in the morning (most mornings) and being able to hear birds, trees rustling, or just nothing at all. I like not feeling crowded. I guess I should enjoy it while I have the chance.

Well, I gotta go. I'll post more this week, so keep a sharp eye.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reinman said...

Dang it, Boyum, I wanted to leave a comment on the above post, not this one.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm still alive!

-Cleve Jones

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I join with Aaron in protesting the lack of commenting ability on that post up there^. I was going to tell you that the thought/image of you doing yoga brings me much amusement. "Ohmmm..." Anyways, I bet you'll meet lots of chicas in that class! Good luck and have fun!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home