Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Back.

There was about a week's lag there, during which I learned two things:

(1) that my friend Nick, a student here at Gustavus, is being called to active National Guard duty in "southwest Asia" -- aka Iraq (and Iran?).

(2) that my name is not in the U of M's list of medical school applicants.

Neither of these things made me very happy, to be honest.

I haven't had any really profound conclusions recently. I've been too busy to think, actually. My first real free time has been a walk back from volunteering at the pound today.

Finally, a note from Petronius, from The Dinner of Trimalchio: "Alas for us sad people, all of that which the human being is is nothing. Thus we all shall be, after death carries us off. Therefore let us live, while it is allowed us to be happy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home