Monday, October 10, 2005

New Developments

I got Madden 2006 today. In fact, my guys are finishing out my 2nd preseason game while I type. My guys, of course, are the Vikings -- fantasy drafted. Daunte's still 'driving the car,' but instead of Moss he's throwing to Hines Ward. And with Deuce in the backfield (I passed on Portis) the running game is working. On the other side of the ball, Sapp, Smoot, Lynch, and Brian Williams are keeping the 3-and-outs coming. That said, my first preseason game was a loss -- but it was a good one. Before the strings switched at the half, we had accumulated 21 unanswered points. Then Doug Flutie and his crowd of chimpanzees took over.

We lost 24-21.

OK. So my Madden season really is my own coming to terms with how the -real- Vikings are playing. At least I have a week of peace.

But this post won't be all about football, don't worry. A lot happened this last week, actually. Professor Niemer let us out of lab early on Monday. I started Study Buddies on Tuesday at a local special education room. Wednesday I returned to the St. Peter Pound to volunteer. Loca, the black lab pup, was gone -- I hope she was adopted or returned to her owner. Don't want to think about the alternative. They now have two other dogs -- one is another black lab-type, the other a Rottweiler (sp?). Both are only about two feet tall.

Wednesday night was a great night. I had spent one of my two hours tutoring at the diversity center when Raj, the director, approached me and said I should go to the fast-breaking celebration for Ramadan in the international dorm. I had work when it started officially, so I went early and had some time to talk with two of the guys there about Ramadan and Islam. It was just fulfilling in some way, I guess.

OK. Enough random thoughts. Got to go to sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reinman said...

Stupid Vikings.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home