Friday, July 21, 2006

48 Hours

I'm just waiting for CBS to sue me for copyright violation. Let them try. I'll flee to Canada and live with the Canucks for a while.

Coming up on 48 hours with no electricity. In fact, in a shake-your-head-in-dismay-type twist, the short storm we had this morning took down ANOTHER power line next to my place. Because it fell into the street the intersection will be blocked off until the electric company gets around to fixing it.

Needless to say, I'm somewhat skeptical about getting electricity back anytime soon. The electric company was saying 72 hours, but if I'm watching DVDs by Monday or Tuesday I'll be happy.

So..................... until then................................. not too much .... to do....... Maybe write a ... uh... that novel I've been workin' on...... for, um, two years now............. make the main character a little bit more three-dimensional........ add in a little, um, a little personal experience............. Oh, I can't wait to read it.



I did have a brilliant recollection this afternoon - "Hey," I said to myself, "Lady in the Water premieres today." Of course, I've been looking forward to M. Night Shymaalailalaiynan's newest thriller for quite some time. Now, I know what you're all saying... "Two words, Boyum, The - Village." OK. The Village was worse than The Birds (see prior post for my feelings on that crapcake of a movie). But M. Night Shyyamayliyanalyian has had to live with that disgrace for two years. Now, he must realize that he has to make another GOOD movie like Unbreakable or The Sixth Sense to escape from it. And, come now, with a star like Paul Giamatti it's hard to go wrong.

As long as he plays a mopey guy, Giamatti is superb. I mean, it's hard to get more neurotic than Miles, his character in Sideways. Even in The Truman Show, in which his role called for more eating than speaking, he managed to portray the image that he was nothing but Ed Harris's bitch. So... I'll see how he does playing an average guy with no college buddies around played by Thomas Hayden Church. Should get interesting.

Picture 1: Mopey Giamatti in American Splendor,
Picture 2: Mopey Giamatti in The Truman Show,
Picture 3: Mopey Giamatti in Sideways...
















Man, thinking about Paul Giamatti in Truman Show made me hungry for some pizza. So, whup, see ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home