Thursday, June 29, 2006

Tomorrow, tomorrow, you're only a day away

Well, I'm taking a day off tomorrow to move into my new place. Ha haaa! I'm really excited - mostly to get out of this dump of a dorm. I don't mean that, it's a nice dorm, but people steal things like frying pans and spoonulas. Darn people.

My parents are bringing a load (and I mean, a FULL load) of crap down to me from home. I shouldn't say that, I'll hurt my best friend's feelings. The 'rents are staying in Wisconsin tonight and finishing the trip tomorrow morning, probably arriving sometime in the afternoon. We'll see, I guess. Then I have to take the various pieces of my bed from the truck, up three flights of stairs, into my new apartment. Then, assemble them into, you know, a bed. Should be fun. I hope to save the rest of my junk until my friend Nick gets back from a camping trip Sunday and has been nice enough to help me move some stuff in. Good ol' friends.

Of course, my parents are convinced that everything will be stolen out of the truck in the 48 hour interim.

But the streets of St. Louis seem to be a mite safer than the medical school dormitory in that regard.

Work is progressing - I actually collected my first data today. Further excitement. It's only a matter of time until the Nobel committee comes calling.















in memoriam - RIP spoonula

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home