Thursday, July 20, 2006

Power Outage

Well, no power expected for around 5 days, according to the newspaper this morning. 500,000 are without electricity today in St. Louis county. Worst storm to hit St. Louis in recent history, 80 mi/hr straight-line winds and all. Of course, this must be a resounding "WELCOME!" just for me. I'm like the Jonah of Missouri.

So I'm sticking around the hospital today (they have power, internet access, and AC, 3 things I don't). Later I have to go home and throw out 2 dozen eggs, half a gallon of milk, a 6 lb bag of chicken breasts and a box of 8 sirloin tip steaks. Dammit. :^(

BUT... I'm thankful. One high-rise downtown was taken down on top of Eads Bridge, trapping some people on the bridge during the storm. Some people were injured at the Cards game and had to be hospitalized. Long story short, it could have been much, much worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home