Sunday, April 23, 2006

Some interesting developments...

I had to make a little reference to Mrs. Doubtfire. I mean, this is me after all.

Several cool things going on that have kept me busy lately...

(1) I interviewed for a full-tuition scholarship at Wash U this weekend. That was quite an experience. I was lacking sleep after an all-nighter on Thursday, Friday and Saturday were both long days, and the interview went so-so. I'm not going to overestimate my chance of getting one of the scholarships. They're giving 15 out of 29 of us a scholarship, so maybe I should flip a coin to see what's next. Anyway, the weekend was great, if tiring, and I got to meet a lot of cool people and see some other cool people once more since re-visit weekend two weeks ago. Tomorrow I call Baylor to see if there is any chance of me getting off the wait-list. I should know on Tuesday whether or not I get the scholarship.

(2) I got a call confirming that I will be doing some clinical research this summer in St. Louis. A few other students and I got an email from him a few weeks back from none other than the head team doctor of the St. Louis Cardinals and Asst. Doc for the Rams. Sounds like I'll be doing some work with patient interviews (probably not Cards or Rams... :D) and statistical stuff with 2 yr patient outcomes... wish I would have kept that stats textbook from sophomore year!

Other than that, I'm just trying not to fail my last semester classes so I can graduate. That may or may not be important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home